Monday, January 21, 2008

Time Lost

How easily wrapped around the metal straps of my favourite watch
were the memories I'd divined of my grandfather
in the years since his passing
which from every corner of my mind,
I had gleaned and dusted
and then attached
onto its bright orange dial.
How resolute they all looked there, side by side
the green digits neatly arranged around the circle of their hands!
Shining back at me through every one of my trials and tribulations,
they had joined together to bring me luck
and to soothe my pain
everytime the seconds hand
glided over effortlessly collecting moments like faery dust
for the sprinkling of a little girl not ten years old.

How easily lost that watch is
taking with it,
for all the time in the world,
the time I'll never have again.



No comments:

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community